Thursday, July 26, 2012

The First of Many

Whitney here-
On Wednesday (Pioneer Day), Chris' family, Sean, and I ran the Deseret News 10K in Salt Lake. It was tons of fun and everyone did great! But the best thing about the race is that we all wore our Team IronDean pins that our amazing sister-in-law, Lexi, designed and our sweet neighbors, the McCoys, made.
After the race, Chris, Sean, and I were talking about how wearing the pin gave us an extra boost, a little extra motivation.....we were running for our dad.
I have a feeling that this is going to be the first of many races run for my dad.
Go Team IronDean! 

7 comments:

Alexi Bullock Design said...

Yes!! I'm so glad they're being put to good use! I can't wait to get my own set!! And there's no guarantee (yet) that I'll run a race but I will still wear my Team IronDean buttons proudly!

Renae Brady said...

How do I get a Team Iron Dean Button? I would wear it and share it. I might even try walking more everyday and maybe a little running. That sound weak, but if I am barely walking now, that would be a big step in the right direction. I would do it for Dean! You've all inspired me.

sweet ash said...

Whit you look so cute! How do we get ahold of those buttons?

grammajill said...

Me too! I would be proud, and love to share the story. All my friends know how proud I am of my brother, and his running and family running and recent years the IRON MAN. Go Team Dean!!

Sean said...

Thanks or wearing those Nielson family!! You made our family proud by how well all of you did! Way to go!

Trevor Lighten said...

Kasey and I want in on the next team iron dean race!

Jennica said...

My button is on my diaper bag... so it goes everywhere with me! :) AND I don't mean to be a downer... but WHITNEY next time I see you, I am going to punch you. It's not normal to be running a 10K in your "condition". I can't even walk up the stairs. :)